About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Friday, November 19, 2010

What is Christmas in the Eyes of a Child?

Last Monday my youngest Hannah went home rushing from a neighborhood's  house with a loud news " Mama our neighbors had already decorated and displayed their  Christmas trees. I have no intention to decorate the house with any Christmas motif but seeing my kid so excited with it and the tree which symbolizes the spirit of Christmas I then had a second thought of maybe decorating our home with simple Christmas decors. 

But I know in my heart that I should still explain to my kids that Christmas does not mean Christmas- decoration, gifts they receive, special food we prepare, godparents that they will visit to collect their gifts it does not even mean parties. The true meaning of Christmas is Jesus who  gave himself  to save His people from their sin (Matthew 1:21)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they keep throwing the party but forget who it's for.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete