About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Friday, September 3, 2010

How do We Help Each Other

   God designed  woman to be a helpmate to his husband (Genesis 2:18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.") It does not mean that a woman is subordinate to her husband and that her husband is superior to her. But it implies that in everything a husband would do a wife should be of support, encourager and the one that will boost the morale of her husband.
   Let me share with you my reading about this (from the book Men and Women Equal Yet Different)
A Woman Helpmate to the Man
  The noun "helper" in Genesis 2:18 (Hebrew, ezer) means "support" "aid". It is the key word used to describe the woman's role. This is not a demeaning term. God is frequently described as a "help" to His people (Ps 121) . To be helper means that a woman has the necessary ability, fitness, resources, and strength to be a help ( see Proverbs 31:10-31 An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain.She looks for wool and flax, And works with her hands in delight. She is like merchant ships; She brings her food from afar......)  The woman was created for the man's sake, not vice versa. Eve was created out of Adam's side (origin) and for him (goal). {Alexander Strauch, Equally yet different}

The Hebrew term for "suitable fro him" ( kenegdo) " means like him", "corresponding-to him""matching him" "counterpart". Thus her nature correspond to his. This show their equality. She is not like the animals which Adam named during the creation. She is like him.

How do we help each other?
I am like my husband the bone of his bone the flesh of his flesh that is why he knows pretty well about my feelings. When I'm upset he tries to cheer me up and find out what upsets me. I also do the same with him. One situation in my life that I was deeply touch with my hubby's concern was when I have to take care of my very ill mother, he never left me, he spent night and day with me.
We also help each other in rearing up our 2 kids. I discussed while he draw. In washing clothes- I wash he hang the laundries. I cook, he chops meat and other hard objects. He spearheaded I helped!

You might also like this:
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. visiting you here, thanks for the visit. Nice to read posts like yours that tells us of how loving you are with your husband and the other way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all thanks for joining our Meme. I really do appreciate it. It was created to learn more about marriages and understand how married life is all about.

    Thanks for the information also, see? I am learning already, lol! anyways, your hubby is a great guy, the way you described how he helps you. Men have different ways of helping their wives, mine helps me a lot but chopping meat? hehehe...di maaasahan yun. He would change the kids diaper but hang clothes? hehehe..that's an understatement.. anyways, I hope to see you again next week!! aka RodLiz

    ReplyDelete