Before encoding my entry, I posted the topics for October 2 weeks ago, since then I tried to check myself,..... Am I a "yes" wife?
The bible is clear "Ephesians 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit/ or be subject to their husbands in everything." Does it mean that in everything?Even you know that it is not worthy of your submission and obedience?
Yes, it is hard to say "yes dear" or "yes love" to your husband especially when you think what he want or he planned to do is not you want to do or have, his decisions are not that good compare to your's. But God commanded s through Paul to be submissive, to be willing to say "yes" all the time.
But the verse does not stop nor begin with that commandment it preceded " Ephesians 5:21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ......Husband love your wives and after it says in Ephesians 5:28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself. It implies that our action of saying yes is just a reciprocal attitude of our husband's love for us. We can say "yes" because we know he loved us so much and he will not make any move that will endanger our relationship to him and of course to the Lord.
Let me share to you one teaching for wives ed me as a wife it might help you too:
COMMUNICATING YOUR ROLE AS HELPMATE TO YOUR HUSBAND
(Genesis 2:18; Proverbs 31:12; Psalm 28:3)
*Genesis 2:18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him."
1. By making your home a safe place
@ a place of encouragement, comfort understanding and refuge (Prov. 31:11,20*
@ a place he longed to be and fulfill his complete manhood.
2. By being trustworthy and dependable. (Prov. 31:11-12)
3. By maintaining a good attitude ( Prov. 31:26,28,29; James 3:13-18; Phil 4:4)
4. By discussing things lovingly, openly, and honestly with your husband (Eph 4:25) This is one thing we should learn....if we do this surely our hubby will not suggest things that will make us say "NO".
5. By being satisfied and content with your postion, possession, and your task (Phil. 4:6-13: Heb 13:5-6)
6. By being long-suffering, forgiving and forbearing with your husband (Eph. 4:2,31-32, Col 3:12-14)
7. By showing interest in his problems and concerns ( Phil 2:3-4), grateful to him ( Rom. 13:7)
8. By being an industrious, frugal. diligent, ambitious, and creative teammate of your husband. (Psalm 128:3)
9. By offering suggestions, advice, and corrections when needed in a loving fashion (Prov. 31:26)
10. By keeping yourself beautiful, both outwardly and inner person ( 1 Peter 3:3-5)
11. By maintaining a consistent spiritual life ( 1 Peter 3:1-7)
12. By cooperating with him in raising the children ( Eph. 6|:20, Prov. 31:26_28, 1 Tim 5:13-14)
13. By building loyalty to him in the children:
* lack of respect or confidence in his leadership, complaints about what he has or has not done will have
bad effects to children
* avoid taking sides with the children or anyone against her husband
* agree with him in disciplining children
* must settle differences with him away from hearing of the children.
14. By being aggressive and creative sexual partner with your own husband ( ! Cor. 7:3-5; Prov. 3:15-19; Song of Solomon 5:10-16; 7:10-13)
When we know our role as a wife it is not hard to be a "YES" wife to our hubby!