About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Writing CINQUAINS a hobby
One of my hobby is writing poetry .Writing Cinquain is the fondest thing to do. It is fun and easy.


What is Cinquain?
Cinquain (pronounce as "sangkan") is atype of poem made up of only 5 lines (Teresita Anastacio, Basic and Beyond Reading, Grade V, pp 64-66)

How to do it:
1. think of a topic
2. Think of two words which can describe what you thought
3. Think of 3 words which can apply to the chosen subject
4. for the 4th line, you may create a phrase which aptly refers to what you have describing
5. Lastly, think of a synonym for the topic that you used in the line.

Mother
selfless,lovely
loving, caring, guiding
always, anywhere
guardian

Butter fly
colorful, beautiful
flying, flattering, pollinating
insect

Eagle
big, strong
hovering, gliding,hovering
Bird

Tree
verdant, useful
swaying, whispering,giving
Plant

Beach
sandy, salty
played with, swim in, stepped on
Seahore




No comments:

Post a Comment