About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Looking Back- Then Sing my Soul Saturday



   One year had passed since my mother went home with the Lord. The pains of losing her is still fresh. Although I am confident that her situation there is better than our's in this world. I can't help myself but cry. I really missed her.
   Looking back those memories I had with her is my way of comforting myself. Especially the time when we both sing the song..."Who am I Casting Crowns". I believed  she really liked and understood the message of the song, pretty well.That even she is already bed-ridden she would tell me to play the song or we'll sing the song together. During the time that her speech had declined. She just hummed the tune. She was comforted by the message  I knew. The part there that says "Not because of what I've done but because of what you've done, not because of who I am but because of who you Are".was her favorite part. Indeed God chose us for Himself not because we are somebody or we have accomplished something. He chose us to show forth His grace for His glory not for us to boast.
   This was the great realization I've learned in my mother's situation. All things will really pass away, like her intellectual capacity, her strength, her wit, her vigor everything that man look as physical treasures was gone. I witnessed it.The only thing was left was God's that gave her the assurance. " I will never leave you nor forsake you. I will be with you until the ends of the earth." God's promises He will keep as he said in Jeremiah 1:12 , "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it.

No comments:

Post a Comment