About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It is Good to Give Thanks To the Lord




   In this very competitive world. Many things concern us,  that sometimes we forget to thank God for the beautiful sunrise, for the air that we breath and for all the people around us. You may say this is very common and maybe very corny but this must be the very first thing we should do. 
   I am not exempted.  I myself  sometimes neglect to do this basic yet important thing. Sometimes, I am concerned right away of preparing food for breakfast, waking up the school children, doing household chores. And all of these drain me at the end of the day.
  But thanks be to God that he allowed me to realize. He  reminded of this passage Psalm 92:1 A Psalm, a Song for the Sabbath day. It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High. I should be thankful to God who give me strength to perform my task as a wife as a mother and as His servant. 
   I should not forget being grateful in everything the Lord has done. Just like I do not forget to brush my teeth, to  take a bath and eat my meals. No wonder, why Paul reminded the Corinthian believers in 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give thanks to Him and acknowledge Him as the source of everything glorifies Him.
My family is one of the wonderful gift I must Thank God for!


Thank You Lord

Thank you Lord for the sunrise
Thank you for the air
Thank you for the water
Thank you for everything.

Thank you Lord for my family
Thank you for the love and joy they bring
Thank you for the friends
Thank you for the comfort and laughter with them.

Thank you Lord for Your Word
Thank you for the assurance
Thank you for Your grace
Thank you for making me Your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment