About Me

My photo
"For God knew me even when I am in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

14 Ways to Save Money on Groceries....

I find this interesting and helpful especially for us mothers!
food refrigerator (Photo by Thinkstock)

Save money and trips to the market with these tips and tricks from Rebecca DiLiberto’s Penny Saving Household Helper. You’ll be surprised how simple it is to keep food at its best.
1. Line the bottom of your refrigerator’s crisper drawer with paper towels. They’ll absorb the excess moisture that causes vegetables to rot.
2. To keep herbs tasting fresh for up to a month, store whole bunches, washed and sealed in plastic bags, in the freezer. When you need them, they’ll be easier to chop, and they’ll defrost the minute they hit a hot pan.
3. A bay leaf slipped into a container of flour, pasta, or rice will help repel bugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment